Section B - General principles on the use of University of Lagos Network
1. Authorized use of University of Lagos Network Resources (ULNR) shall be consistent with the education, research and public service mission of the university.
2. The university reserves the right to limit access to its networks when applicable campus or university policies or codes, contractual obligations, or state or federal laws are violated
3. The university reserves the right to remove or limit access to material posted on university-owned computers when applicable campus or university policies or codes, contractual obligations, or state or federal laws are violated.
4. Non-university-owned computers which house material which violates the university's policies are subject to network disconnection without notice.
5. Although the university does not generally monitor or restrict the content of material transported across the networks, it reserves the right to access and review all aspects of its computing systems and networks, including individual login sessions and account files, to investigate performance or system problems, search for viruses and other harmful programs, or upon reasonable cause to determine if a user is violating this policy or state or federal laws.
# This policy may be supplemented with additional guidelines by campus units that operate their own computers or networks, provided such guidelines are consistent with this policy.
back to network policy