As part of activities to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the University of Lagos, a world carnival which would highlight the culture and carnival styles of Brazil, China, Cuba, Egypt, Ghana, India, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and South Africa will hold on Thursday, September 20, 2012 in the Main Campus, Akoka.
The carnival, under the coordination of Cornelius Onyekaba, will feature students of the Department of Creative Arts along with their counterparts drawn from other Faculties within UNILAG as well as students of Theatre Arts and Music at the Lagos State University (LASU).
- Arrival of carnival groups at the carnival ground (Senate House Parking Lot) 11am
- National Anthems of participating countries 12noon
- Vice-Chancellor’s Speech and commencement of carnival parade 12:45 p.m.
- Return of Carnival train to the Senate house 3 p.m.
- Performances 3:30 p.m.
- Closing activities and fireworks 6:30 p.m.
CARNIVAL ROUTE: Senate House to Main Gate, Education, Ransome-Kuti, Distance Learning Institute (DLI), Health Centre, Staff-School, Science, Moremi Car-Park back to Senate House Parking Lot.
For advert and sponsorship considerations, please contact the Bursar, 3rd Floor, Senate House, Main Campus, Akoka.
PLEASE NOTE THAT HALLS OF RESIDENCE WILL REMAIN OPEN TO STUDENTS UNTIL AFTER THE CARNIVAL. HOWEVER, ALL STUDENTS ARE TO VACATE THE HALLS OF RESIDENCE ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2012.